Robert M. Hess
Robert M. Hess, President and founding member of Sachs & Hess, P.C., practices primarily in the areas of Family Law; Personal Injury; and Business Law. He received his B.S. from Indiana University in 1961 and his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law in 1966. From 1961 to 1963, he served in the United States Army, as a First Lieutenant. Mr. Hess was admitted to the Indiana and Illinois Bars in 1966. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Hess is a member of the Lake County Bar Association and the Indiana Bar Association. During his years of practice, he has been a guest speaker on Family Law for the Lake County Bar Association and the Indiana Bar Association. Mr. Hess has served the community for over four decades, providing quality legal services to the many clients he has represented, including: working families, doctors, lawyers, judges and other professionals as well as businesses and corporations. Mr. Hess has been lead counsel in numerous divorce cases involving multi-million dollar marital estates.
Mr. Hess has represented clients throughout Indiana including: Hammond, Gary, East Chicago, Crown Point, Munster, Highland, Griffith, Dyer, St. John, Hobart and Valparaiso and is available to represent clients in Lake County, Porter County, LaPorte County, Jasper County and Newton County, Indiana.
Mr. Hess was given a Martindale-Hubbell ®AV®* rating from his peers in July 1997 and maintained it since that date. The rating means that he was deemed to have very professional ethics and pre-eminent legal ability. Sachs & Hess received notification from LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell® that Sachs & Hess, PC has received a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. Only law firms and lawyers with the highest ethical standards and exceptional qualifications receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. Mr. Hess has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2011-present editions of "The Best Lawyers in America" in the specialty of Family Law.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Business Matters
Certified Legal Specialties
- Registered Family Law Mediator
- Indiana, 1966
- Illinois, 1966
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1966
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1966
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1966
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 1961
- Major: Business
- Guest Speaker, Family Law, Lake County Bar Association
- Guest Speaker, Family Law, Indiana Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- "The Best Lawyers in America"
- Lawyer of the Year for South Bend District (Northern IN), 2015 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- United States Army, First Lieutenant, 1961 - 1963